Monday, December 22, 2008

Don't Take Your Vinyl To Town, Son

Imagine a mid-life crisis and the thought of selling all your household possessions and getting in your car and taking off for parts unknown. Back in 1991, that's exactly what Mrs. Clause and I did. All the vinyl I'd collected since 1964 went with the wind. Since that time, we settled back down and began our accumulation all over again. Sadly, I can no longer live the life of a crate-digger with my arthritis and other medical difficulties. End of story.
The tracks on this compilation are from mix tapes I made during the eighties and 1990 before the big purge. I've replaced some of them and still search for others. If anyone out there knows where I can get a copy of the Christmas album that the New Orleans Coca-Cola Bottling Company put out in the early eighties, please let me know. I bought one from Record Ron down in the Big Easy a couple of decades ago and would love to replace it.
With that out of the way, I present to you "Lost Christmas Songs" for your listening enjoyment. Link and password are in comments. Enjoy!


6 Comments:

Blogger Sanity Clause said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/175452674/20081215LCS.rar

password: sanityclause

11:34 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing this incredible collection.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

An extra big Christmas thanks and wish for a blessed New Year to Ernie (Not Bert), The King of Jingaling (at Falalalala.com), AM, Then FM, A Christmas Yuleblog, Hi-Fi Holiday, Big Balls of Holly, Music You (Possibly) Won't Hear Anyplace Else, Christmas Music Everyday, Way Out Junk, Hip Christmas, Twelve Months of Christmas, Sanity Clause's Shanty and Santas Working Overtime--and MANY other faithful bloggers I have not mentioned by name--for the OUTstanding Christmas music shares! In my little universe alone, your generosity has made dozens of folks VERY happy, and I'm sure thousands more too, on all those Internets!

12:12 PM  
Blogger TheMadBlonde said...

Thank you, looks like a cool mix w/ many versions of things I've never heard. Hope your holly days were jolly days!

1:27 PM  
Blogger The Baker Man said...

Hello, I guess I missed my chance to download this post? Hellosweetp@hotmail.com

PW

3:03 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

Hi, great stuff. Is there any way to download these?

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home